Winter is here — are you suffering from dry, irritated eyes? At Raleigh Eye Center, we want you to be able to take care of your eyes, no matter the season. Here are some tips you can follow that will keep your eyes protected as the temperatures drop outside and the winter chill approaches:
- Wear sunglasses. This one is an easy tip to follow — whether you are outside playing ice hockey or walking your dog, wear sunglasses. They will shield your eyes from the harsh winter wind and brightness.
- Stay hydrated. Unlike the summer with sweltering temperatures that leave us begging for water, it can be easy to forget to drink water while it is cold out. Staying hydrated will also keep your eyes moist and healthy.
- Use artificial tears. Artificial tears are an easy way to keep your eyes hydrated. We recommend using them at least four times a day if you suffer from dry eyes.
- Choose green tea over chai tea. Unlike chai tea, both green tea and
chrysanthemum tea contain ingredients that prevent eye strain and are overall beneficial for your eyes.
- Eat more Omega-3 fatty acids. Adding more Omega-3 fatty acids or fish oil supplements to your diet can help treat dry eyes. Foods that contain Omega-3 fatty acids include fish, eggs, bread, walnuts and spinach.
Reach Out to Raleigh Eye Center for Expert Dry Eye Treatment
If you have tried the above tips with no success, make an appointment with one of our eye doctors for expert dry eye relief in Raleigh, NC. We will help you find a way to alleviate your discomfort so that you can face winter head-on with healthy vision.