Have you been looking for a natural way to protect your eyesight? There are certain foods that you can eat that will keep your eyes healthy. At Raleigh Eye Center, we recommend consuming the following foods on a regular basis to ensure that your vision stays sharp:
● Kale, spinach and other leafy greens. Like eggs, leafy greens, including spinach and kale, contain zeaxanthin and lutein, which are antioxidants that have been proven to lower the risk of cataracts and macular degeneration.
● Berries. Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and citrus fruits are known to contain vitamin C, which, when consumed on a regular basis, has been shown to reduce the risk of a person developing cataracts or macular degeneration.
● Eggs. The yolk of eggs contain zeaxanthin, lutein and zinc, which all have been shown to reduce the risk of macular degeneration.
● Fatty fish. It has been shown that individuals who consume fish with high levels of DHA, including mackerel, salmon, tuna, trout and anchovies, have less problems with dry eye syndrome.
● Almonds. These delicious nuts are packed with vitamin E, which has been shown to slow down macular degeneration. Eating just one handful (about an ounce) of almonds can provide you with half of your daily dose of vitamin E.
Contact Raleigh Eye Center for Other Natural Eye Care Remedies
Looking for other ways that you can naturally take care of your eyes and sharpen your vision? Reach out to the eye care specialists at Raleigh Eye Center. We would be happy to give you more information on natural home remedies for your eyes or answer any questions you may have.