Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both great vision-correction solutions. Which is the better option? Well, that depends entirely on your budget, lifestyle and other factors. Both eye care options have their pros and cons and an option that is better for one person may not be the right choice for another. Raleigh Eye Center is here to help you decide which option would work best for you.
When deciding to purchase eyeglasses or contact lenses, it is important to take these factors into consideration:
- Budget. If you are worried about your budget, eyeglasses are generally cheaper than contact lenses. They need to be replaced less often and even if you need a prescription change, you can usually keep your frames while changing out your lenses.
- Lifestyle. Are you an active person, constantly taking up a new sport or outdoor activity? If so, contact lenses may be the right option for you. With contact lenses, you won’t have to worry about your eyeglasses falling off or breaking while you are active. If your hobbies include more relaxed activities, such as reading or photography, consider eyeglasses as your eye care solution.
- Comfort. If you have sensitive or dry eyes, contact lenses may increase the severity of your dry eyes, as they reduce the amount of oxygen that reaches your eyes. On the other side, contacts can provide you with a wider view and cause fewer vision obstructions and distortions than eyeglasses.
- Aesthetics. If you don’t want anyone to know that you have vision problems, contacts are the way to go. No one will be able to tell you are wearing them, and you can even experiment with different eye colors. On the other hand, eyeglass frames are fashionable and can say a lot about your style or personality. If you want to make a bold statement, you can do so with the right pair of frames.
- Convenience. If you lead a busy life, contact lenses may not be the right solution for you. Contacts require the daily lens care and cleaning in order to prevent eye infections. Falling asleep wearing contact lenses can cause your eyes to become red and irritated. Eyeglasses are easy to clean, taking just seconds out of your day.
Reach Out to Raleigh Eye Center for More Information About Eye Care Solutions
Interested in learning more about eyeglasses and contacts, and which is the right solution for you? Stop by Raleigh Eye Center today or contact us to speak to one of our eye care specialists. We look forward to helping you find the right vision solution.